Sunday, April 1, 2012

The 11th Annual Wrestlemania Day!!!!!!

OH THANK GOD!!!!!!!!!

It’s here finally…. It’s time for Wrestlemania.



So a few weeks ago I was playing around on you tube and discovered an old interview with the Undertaker. Now he rarely gives real interviews where he talks about his career and almost never out of character. This one he did. As I was watching the interview I saw it was taking place right before Wrestlemania 18. Then it hit me…. That was the first year my friends and I did our Wrestlemania day. We redefined the word gluttony that day. The whole plan was for the guys to get together and watch wrestling all day long and that led into watching the actual Wrestlemania event. We ate so much food that year that I think everyone of us was beyond sick when the show was over.

Wrestlemania 18, 19, & 20 were all at my parents house
Wrestlemania 21, & 22 were at Buzz’s apartment
Wrestlemania 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 & now 28 have been at Tony house. It kind of found a home at Tony’s place.

Anyway, the original group was myself, Richard, Buzz, Runt, and Tony….. we have since expanded, Lunchbox and Matt, & people have come and gone over the years but the original 5 are still intact and we do everything we humanly can to make this event.

We will normally get to Tony’s around 12 noon…. Hopefully this year Tony will have started grilling. We will put on a wrestling DVD (this year Netflix) and then play poker until the show starts. It doesn’t sound like much but we love it and we look forward to it every year.

So with that said let’s look at the card for Wrestlemania 28!

John Cena VS. The Rock



The Main Event. This is one of those matches that help build the legend that has become Wrestlemania. At the end of last year’s Wrestlemania the Rock and John Cena set up this year’s main event. It is hard to believe it has been a year since then. I consider this one of the dream matches like, Hogan vs. Andre, or Hogan vs. Warrior, Hart vs. Michaels, Rock vs. Austin, Rock vs. Hogan. I feel I know who is going to win and in my mind it makes sense. Neither guy suffers with a loss… my prediction is Cena wins.

Hell in a Cell Match w/ special referee Shawn Michaels

Undertaker VS. HHH



Undertaker vs. HHH III…. When I first heard that this match was going to be announced I was really disappointed. Their first match at Wrestlemania 17 was fantastic, last years I was pretty disappointed in it and I felt like it was not something I want to see again. However, the added intrigue of the Heartbreak Kid as the ref, throw in a Hell in the Cell and a tremendous build up and I am sold.


My prediction is going to be the Undertaker going 20-0 at Wrestlemania…. But with this end of an era talk it sure seems like they are building towards the end of the streak doesn’t it?

WWE Championship

CM Punk VS. Chris Jericho



The match I am most looking forward to. CM Punk has been a star this year…. CM Punk has been one of the more vocal wrestlers that the Rock is at mania and in the main event. If Cena/Rock is like Hogan/Andre than Punk/Jericho is going to be like Savage/Steamboat, that’s how high the expectations for this match I have. I am predicting CM Punk to retain the title in the match every wrestling fan will be praising on Monday.

World Heavyweight Championship

Sheamus VS. Daniel Bryan



The really cool thing about this match is that this was supposed to be a rematch from last year’s Wrestlemania. Sheamus and Daniel Bryan were wrestling for the US title but were bumped to the dark match which turned into a battle royal. Sheamus has stated in interviews that it was a humbling experience. What I like about these two wrestling each other is you get the feeling that they want to prove everyone wrong and put on a show. I fully expect them to. I am predicting a new Heavyweight Champion in Sheamus.

Intercontinental Championship

Cody Rhodes VS. The Big Show



Cody Rhodes has been one of those wrestlers who has really impressed me over the last year. Last year I thought he had the second best match of the night with Rey Mysterio Jr. Big Show is the complete opposite of the Undertaker and has one of the worst records in Wrestlemania history. I think Cody Rhodes wins the match because he has future world champion written all over him.

Team Johnny VS. Team Teddy



This is why you need to bring back Money in the Bank to Wrestlemania. I really do not want to see a match between the two GM’s. Hopefully this is a fast match which is fun and can show case some of the wrestlers. I am picking Team Johnny to win for two reasons. One, because this seems like a perfect thing for a heel to win, and two because of Dolph Ziggler. The guy has everything that a wrestling fan wants to see and will be a World Champion very soon.

Kane VS. Randy Orton



Randy Orton. It kind of feels like the WWE did not know what to do with Orton this year. I really do not watch a lot of Smackdown so I am not sure how the build up for it has been. I am going to pick Kane to win because someone is going to cost Orton the match. My guess is Alberto Del Rio.

Kelly Kelly & Maria Menounos VS. Beth Phoenix & Eve



A woman’s tag match…. With a celebrity involved…. This will clearly take place between the Hell in a Cell and Cena/Rock. I am going with Meh and I don’t care…. I pick Kelly Kelly and Maria Menounos

I may change this by the time the show starts but I am so ready for 7pm on Sunday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment